Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Northern Hawk Owl

Once again, a northern hawk owl has taken up residence in southern Quebec for the winter. My passion for such subjects has diminished over the years as I have redirected my work away from avian subjects. Still, under certain circumstances, I can be convinced to revisit a classic subject. Any owl image is elevated by snow flakes. And when it comes to telephoto lenses and their strong isolation effect, I enjoy two-tone backgrounds that can be suggestive of habitat. In this case, the dark conifers on the top half of the background serve a secondary purpose of highlighting the snowflakes.













2 comments:

  1. Two wonderfull image Scott! Have a great year and keep those quality image coming for our pleasure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! I love them.


    Smile
    lifeincolorblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete