Thursday, January 21, 2010

American Kestrel

Once I thought I could handle almost any subject in flight. I have pretty decent skills and equipment for shooting action, but this tiny falcon proved to be almost too much for me. In the end, having produced almost no decent images, I resorted to a primitive, pre-focusing technique to produce this photograph. What was not so primitive was the 1/8000 of a second that I was able to obtain, using the D3, to freeze the action in overcast conditions and while not panning with the subject. iso3200, f2.8..... I also set the D3 in "DX" mode which makes the frame smaller but increases the frame rate from 9fps to 11fps.

Enjoy!


Scott




1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late to the party, but like this shot a lot. It's a shame what you are going through with your agency.

    ReplyDelete